The sun felt awesome. I had wanted to get an Ice, and then caption it "The only ice you'll find in southern Arizona!" but the lines were ridiculous. You'll have to settle for a kid with a patient parent with an Ice/snow cone instead.
The next day wasn't spent in the sun, although we had wanted to attend the local music festival. I had other obligations with cute kittens. I'm still doing a lot for Fearless Kitty Rescue when I'm not working, but the perks make it worth it.
The next day wasn't spent in the sun, although we had wanted to attend the local music festival. I had other obligations with cute kittens. I'm still doing a lot for Fearless Kitty Rescue when I'm not working, but the perks make it worth it.
This week started off with a bang when we finally got this!
![]() |
| The work permit - wahoo! |
We thought it would never come. Michael put his notice in last Friday. The company he worked for was just bought out, so he wasn't quite sure how the new guy was going to take it, but everyone was really excited for him. Very cool. I'm ramping up my work hours now since Michael's first paycheck won't be until May. Ouch. Michael leaves Tuesday, March 24th. It's nice to finally be moving forward with this. There are still a lot of procedural things to do and expenses to come, but with the work permit in hand, it's starting to feel more real, and therefore, worth it.
We've been getting our cats used to carriers. Here's been their take on it.
We're also getting them harness trained so they don't get loose in the airport - you're forced to take them out as you pass through security and they even bomb test them (stupidly, in my opinion). Jack & Zura have been through this before and were fine, but it doesn't hurt to be more cautious (and we don't trust the other 2 furballs). This process is going a little slower, and Jack has figured out how to get out of his, but we'll keep working on it.
I'm going to have to find some hiking buddies for the next few months. Who's in?






No comments:
Post a Comment