![]() |
| They're cold?! |
Hrmph. Well, I met up with my sister, and we went to the Japanese Friendship Garden down in Phoenix. It was quite pretty and serene.

It was good to see her, but people always think I'm her mom. The sad part is I'm old enough that if I'd started really early (18), I could be mom to someone her age. Hrmph.

The garden is not a very big place, so the $5 entry isn't worth it unless you're going in to hang out for awhile and feed the fish or something. We sat in the shade by the brook and caught up. Someone else was getting married there. It was quite pleasant.
Sunday, I hit the trail Michael & I had wanted to do last Monday before he flew off and didn't because time got away from us. I drove the half hour to Usery Park to do the 7-mile Pass Mountain Trail. The last time we were there, we climbed up to the Wind Cave (or alcove), but we'd heard this other trail was cool in wildflower season. There were a few wildflowers out there.
Mostly, though, the hedgehog cacti were putting out seriously beautiful pink flowers.
One prickly pear got into the act with a yellow one.
The ocotillos were doing a pretty bloomin' job too.
This time though the views were right up there too. Most people seemed to have gone counter clockwise, but I liked the way things unfolded for me going to the right. The trail was pretty narrow, so if you encountered someone else, one of you had to get out of the way. Luckily, it wasn't a very active trail.
When you first start out, you want to turn backwards a few times so you can see the views of civilization. Those pics never come out all that great, but here's one.

Then as you walked around, you got beautiful shots of the mountains.
And cliffs.

It just got better and better. I love this shot.

Once on the backside, I saw Fountain Hills in the distance (and yes the fountain).

Once on the opposite side of the mountain, you get to listen to people at the shooting range.

The final half hour back to the lot was kind of boring, but the loop overall was worth it. It took me just under 3 hours. And no snakes! Back at the apartment, the palo verde's are in full bloom (glad I don't have allergies!).
Meanwhile, Michael was doing this:




No comments:
Post a Comment