Then it was Love in the Hills. You'll recall that this annual event is when a bunch of folks renew their wedding vows. We went and took pics last year, but I wasn't feeling like getting out of my pjs this year. We're not the most romantic couple, but we are coming up on our 25th wedding anniversary (in July), so we might just celebrate this one.
![]() |
| Photo by: Sami's Love in the Hills |
This weekend it was the Great Fair, with lots of new vendors (puppets seem to be the "new" thing this year). We're sort of temporarily broke since my client is late in paying me, the joys of working for yourself, so we mainly "window" shopped. I did get a waist pouch for my runs, since work-out clothes manufacturers think women don't want pockets for some reason. Michael got a pair of affordable yet not cheaply made polarized sunglasses - another surprisingly hard find.

Photos from: Fountain Hills Chamber of Commerce
That night, thanks to a returned appetite, we decided to try the pizza from Papa Murphy's. We've never heard of them, despite the fact that they're obviously a popular national chain. They're new to the neighborhood though, and they're the only pizza we haven't tried in Fountain Hills. It was delicious! I have to admit, I was a little put off by the fact you have to cook it yourself, but it was worth it. It's like a Subway in that you add whatever fresh ingredients you want. A bonus was that the staff was really friendly. We had all kinds of veggies on a thin crust and with a garlic cream sauce spread. It was worth the 15 minute cooking time. So now Papa Murphy's is our favorite. Then comes Euro Pizza's Margarita pizza (although a little pricey, especially when compared with Murphy's). Then Mojo's.
Sunday, knowing our record high temps were about to go kapoot, we hit the hiking trails. My energy level is still not where it normally is, but it was still nice to get moving. We hit Tom's Thumb, yet again, but as usual, we inadvertently got off trail just before we got to the big monolith. It was fine though because it took us into some boulders that reminded us of The Baths on Virgin Gorda, which will soon be in our backyard.
vs. The Baths:
As you can see, the weather is already turning. It's cloudy.
And chilly. The temps were in the 60s, but the wind was rather biting. I was glad I'd gone back to the car for my sweatshirt before we got too far into the hike. The trail may be steep, but it still wasn't enough to get my blood pumping for warmth.
Some wildflowers have started to pop up.
Once at the top, we watched a pair of falcons doing what falcons do.

This hike never disappoints.
We're still in waiting mode for the BVI move. Michael's probably still looking at another month before he gets all the approvals. Thanks to my vet (yay Palisades Vet Hospital) who had the patience to deal with the BVI agriculture department, I think she shaved a month off my departure (probably around July 1st). Earlier is better because I'm less likely to encounter a hurricane (among other reasons). Hopefully I'll be rid of this dratted cold by then - sheesh.







No comments:
Post a Comment