Monday, September 1, 2014

Gimpy

I try to post once per week, and I try to find something to do every weekend, not only to keep us from getting bored, but also to have something to put on the blog. But life sort of got in the way in the past couple of weeks. We're still trying to get the remaining 3 kittens (out of 6) that we took in as a favor for someone adopted (lessons learned). The kitty rescue organization I volunteer for has stepped in to help, but that means 2-week stints in bins at Petco for exposure, and that makes me sad. It's a necessary evil, but it still makes me sad.

Well, it makes me sad until one is adopted - like little Neo was today (Monday)  - Yahoo!
Have a great life, Neo!

So I took on the role of social media coordinator to not only get our kitties homes, but the others as well. That meant getting Fearless on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+/Youtube, and LinkedIn, all to work in conjunction with the Facebook page. Another volunteer put together a new website that will be launched soon and a blog that yet another volunteer will write for. It's a work in progress, but the hard part is done. Now it's all about populating them all and hoping all this work translates into adoptions.

I have to come up with witty sayings/memes to showcase the kittens. You have to admit this one was pretty cute...
Knock Knock. Who's there? Van Gogh. Van Gogh who?
Van I Go(gh) home with you?
And it's gotten pretty hot again (108). Last weekend, Michael & I took a walk along a paved trail in Scottsdale near a place I worked a lifetime ago. You'd never know we were in a drought with all this green and wet, would you?

 

This weekend,  I was all excited to get a couple of long hikes in, but when one of the niftiest kittens from another foster finally found a long-overdue home, I jumped in the air to celebrate and when I landed, my right foot went POP! Seriously? I do Insanity and yoga, run the hilly Overlook Trail by the fountain, we hike steep mountains, I've backpacked and skied in my past. I have never hurt my knees, never sprained or broke an ankle/arm/anything. Ever. I take one Toyota-like jump and I pull a tendon in my foot?

I'm getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment