Monday, September 8, 2014

When it Rains....

It hasn't rained much this year in terms of # of days, but when it does rain, it really comes down. This morning, we set a record for most rain received in 1 day, and it's still raining as I type this. We're getting moisture from hurricanes and tropical storms off the coast of California. Over the weekend, we started out with our usual dust storms. I just love watching them roll in.


Here's how it looked elsewhere:



Pics from AZ Central
Then early Monday morning and all day came the rain. It rained so much, flooding was rampant and schools were closed. This is when I'm so glad I work from home, and Michael's resort is only 5 minutes from the house.




Pics from AZ news sources.
Makes ya think, doesn't it?



Once again, we're able to open all the windows and keep the a/c off. We were able to do that enough times last month to have an electric bill of $85 (down from $110 in July). It helps that we keep the thermostat at 82/83 - we're comfortable there, what can I say? When it's 108 outside, 82/83 feels chilly!

No comments:

Post a Comment