Monday, August 18, 2014

Same Ol'

Awwww.

Unfortunately, our remaining 4 foster kitties have indeed ended up taking their turn at Petco (for 2 weeks or until they're adopted).

They went from this.


To this.



To this.



Do they look stressed? No, but I do.













Jack got attached too.

I've been a wreck dreading this outcome for them, but I went and visited them, and they're doing great. They're confident and secure animals, so they are taking the constant changes like champs. It's still heartbreaking seeing them cooped up like that - they're kittens, they should have room to play - but hopefully the right person(s) will come along and fall in love.

My kitty congo line.
I am not alone though, Fearless Kitty Rescue has kindly taken them on. They have a great team of volunteers and ways to network. I'll be working with them to get more info out on social media for maximum exposure, so hopefully our kitties will get adopted out quickly, as will all their other kittens/cats - current and future.

Will I do it again? I don't know.  This is our third time, and I can't say that it gets any easier. I'm really good at it and it's my passion, but I get too emotionally vested. While not normally a big crier, I've done nothing but for the past week. Sometimes it comes from nowhere.  It's almost embarrassing. I love the fostering part, even though it's hard, time consuming, and expensive. It's the giving them up part, or more specifically, the not having them find homes right away part, that kicks me in the gut. I'd like to think that's normal, but I'm going to have to harden up a bit or I'm going to give myself a coronary.

In the meantime, monsoonal storms continue to hit about once/week.

Photo by: Mike Barcia 
This time, we got caught in a dust storm while driving.



And then the lightning came.

Photo from: Arizona Central

Pretty cool, huh?


No comments:

Post a Comment