How about this pic? First it was hard to see the giraffe at all (how do you hide a giraffe?) and then it looked like a dinosaur.
I think we were looking for moles here, but the humans stole the show.
And I walked that beach every single day.
I love the water, but the mountains are great for recharging too. So back to AZ I went. We still have these 2 darn kittens from that litter of 6.
They spend most of their time at the Scottsdale Pavilion Petco, but when their time is up there (temporarily), we have them. And I wonder why I can't get any sleep some nights (did you count 4?).
![]() |
| Birth control? |
I unpacked and packed again, and we decided to cheer a couple of friends on who were in a mountain bike race up in Pinetop. The drive takes 2 1/2 -3 1/2 hours of drive time, depending on traffic, and the temperatures are much cooler.
Once again, however, we had fantastic weather. Mornings were in the high 30s, brr, but the days were in the 70s. Fountain Hills has cooled down at nights too - now in the 60s not 80s - but the days have still been in the high 90s. The guys did well in their race.
And afterwards, there was bluegrass music and free beer for everyone - even non-racers. Well, do-si-do.
The cabin we stayed in was quite cozy and even had apple trees in the backyard so we could pick our own apples.
We looked out for elk and bear but didn't see any (just huge paw/hoof prints). Our final day up there, we hit one of the many lakes and did some kayaking.
Michael & JD ran across a huge log floating in the water, and since once a boater always a boater, Michael's first thought was that it could really do damage to a prop(eller). Yep. So JD tied the hazard to his kayak and dragged it out of harm's way.

What happens when you give Michael the camera.
Another great weekend.






No comments:
Post a Comment