Last night, we finally made it to the happy hour at Wicked Six Bar & Grill, located on the Sunridge Canyon Golf Course. We'd had this on our places-to-go list for awhile because they have someone play the bagpipes at sunset. That just seemed so weird to me that it was something I needed to experience. Every single happy hour in town runs from 3-6, except one at Copperwynd which is from 2-7pm (per their Facebook page). Six? You can tell this is a town of retirees... So needless to say, we rarely make happy hour because we actually have jobs and can't get there by 6, but we were able to hit the golf course bar by 5:30 last night and were glad we did.The views are beautiful.
But you're not going to believe this. We got cold. It was 80 degrees out and cloudy. Brr.
![]() |
| That's my "I'm cold" face? And why do I look like I never have makeup on? Yeesh. |
And within 10 minutes, every single rocking chair was filled with other people who had moved by the fire because they too were cold. See, we weren't the only wimps, and most of those people were from colder climates half the year.
Beer, pizza (yummy), great view, and music. Perfect.
The singer, Mike Marriot, was really good. I'd compare him to Cat Stevens. He was quite soothing. Of course, most of us were talking over him. The horseshoe-shaped chair set-up lent itself well to chatting it up with your neighbors, so before we knew it, we were best buddies with a couple from Seattle and swapping contact info. Soon it was time... Off in the distance, we could hear the bagpipes, and then like some strange mirage, the piper walked toward us. It was as weird as I thought it would be, but fitting.
Before the sundown send-off started, we were all given a free, small shot of Macallan Scotch. Bottom's up!
Yes, I'm holding my nose. Scotch, yuck! But it did ensure we were no longer chilly.
We and our new WA friends actually closed the place down (which would be at 9pm - I know, we're party animals). I highly recommend coming here if you're in town. It was a lot of fun, and they do it every Friday night at sundown - so obviously, the time changes with the sunset.



No comments:
Post a Comment