Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Winter in AZ

With New Year's brought snow. Here's where we hiked just two weeks ago at Spur Cross.

Photo: Spur Cross
And this is Verde River where we've kayaked (we kayaked south of here, but still).

Photo: Verde River
The Grand Canyon:



Photos: Grand Canyon
Tonto National Bridge  - winter vs. summer. Guess which is which. BTW, this is a pretty cool place to go - an easy drive and hike. When it's not snowing...



There's a good chance that once the sun comes up and the clouds clear away, we're going to see this outside our living room window:

The snow level was predicted to be 2,000' and up. The Town of Fountain Hills is between 1,500' and 3,000' so not only might we wake up to icy conditions (it's 38 degrees right now), but the Four Peaks will have definitely seen some action.

I have to admit, I love the desert and I love Arizona, but I can't stand the winter. Even here. It does look like 2015 is going to bring us to a new location - a warm one. Fingers, toes, eyes, and kitty paws crossed!

Have a safe New Year's everyone, and cheers to a healthy, happy, and satisfying 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment