Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy VD!

Happy Valentine's Day everybody! I have to admit, I have a serious aversion to this day. I'm not into diamonds or flowers and would rather sit in my jammies and eat a pizza than go out to a fancy restaurant. Michael's a good guy year-round, and I'm not so bad myself most of the time, so we've always agreed to completely ignore this stupid made-up day. However, we were curious to see how Sami's Love in the Hills vow renewal ceremony turned out. They were trying to outdo last year's event and actually beat a Guinness World Record, but I'm guessing that didn't happen. Supposedly, last year's event had over 700 couples, this year looked like about 200 people, but reportedly 650 couples (maybe registered). Here's a video.



That's a shame, but it did look like they were having fun. Wave your arms like you just don't care!



Sheriff Arpaio was there with his wife of 57 years. His answer to a long marriage was buying diamonds (yeah, don't try that on me - I hate diamonds as much as I hate Valentine's Day).


A number of football players from the Cleveland Browns and Arizona Cardinals showed up and threw out some Marriage Rocks t-shirts (Sami is a jewelry store - so "rocks" - get it?).


Then it was time for the vows. I swear they were longer than at our original wedding.



As a matter of fact, someone fainted right after the vow exchange and an ambulance had to be called (makes you appreciate your and your partner's health as you stand next to each other - the person is okay). Anyway, I didn't remember a thing said at my own ceremony, so I thought what was said at this one was quite pretty.

Happy VD to us!

The best part was that as we were leaving, we passed this couple.


Note the guy carrying a tiny bag and a blanket. The woman is carrying what looks like two heavy-ish boxes. It reminded me of this meme, I'd seen awhile back.


Right?!

We debated doing the full moon hike in the McDowell's, but Michael was tired and wanted to eat pizza in his pjs. Yep, we're meant for each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment