The nights are not so balmy, high 30s, but that seems like it might be shorts weather for some of you who are experiencing 30 below.
It occurred to me that I hadn't picked up my camera in days, weeks even, which is a record for me. Michael's been working a lot, including on what should be his days off, and I've been looking for work or working out. Not exactly blog worthy. I decided to take you with me on my route today though. The fountain is a mile from our apartment, and there's a great trail called the Overlook Trail that gives you exercise and views in just 1.2 miles. I do it both ways to make it longer.
You'll note that there are houses pretty much all along the route. I'm not sure how the owners feel about having walkers/runners go right past their houses all day, but we certainly appreciate it.
Here are the views at the highest point.
Doesn't it look like I'm out in the middle of nowhere? I'm really not.
Another reason to do the hike both ways is that eventually you're bound to experience the fountain actually going off.
A before and after of the lake.
The downtown area. Pretty small town for a city girl like me, but it has just about everything we need.
Back to the point of feeling like I'm in the wilderness. I'm only 2 blocks from my apartment complex in the below picture, but look how desert-y it looks.
Even at our apartment, they've tried to keep some open space.
Not a bad way to work up a sweat. Now if the weather continues to stay to the north of us, we just might survive our first winter back.






No comments:
Post a Comment